Venue Hunting – And the Winner is…
Having looked round some venues over Easter, and a couple more in the summer, we finally sat down and decided on our favourite. It was in fact the first place we saw and something about it never quite left us when we were looking at the other places. It seemed to have everything:
- Tucked away in a quiet location in the hills
- Beautiful gardens
- The buildings have real character
- It’s a family-run business, and they don’t do many weddings so everything is individualised
- They have a few rooms which friends and family could stay in on the night
- It’s not too far from our families’ homes, meaning they could go back the same night if they chose
Not to mention the fact that it’s in budget and they had our date available. So, in October we booked our wedding for Saturday 20th July 2013 at the Combe House Hotel, Holford.
The hotel is small and we have block booked all of the rooms for the night of our wedding, meaning that the staff will be truly focussed on our wedding. The grounds are not extensive (unlike some of the other places we looked at), but we’re hoping that this means that our guests won’t end up breaking off into factions, and that everyone will mingle together. We will be marrying outside under the pergola and the reception will be held in the permanent marquee. I’ll keep the details for later posts, when we decide on food etc. For the time being, let’s just say that I am incredibly excited to be marrying A Man at Combe House, less than 2 and a half miles from the place we first met.